Beef and Veggie Salad with Caramelized Carrot
Lettuce, valerian, radishes, cherry tomatoes, pomegranate, and more – they all go great together when mixed in a fresh salad. This beef and veggie salad also has a sweet, surprising touch: some caramelized carrot pieces.
- 10 ounces (300 grams) beef tenderloin (2 steaks)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 carrots
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 lettuce, chopped
- 1 handful valerian
- 2 radishes, slices
- 5 cherry tomatoes, slices
- 1-ounce (30 grams) parmesan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond flakes
- Place the beef steaks on your countertop and season them well with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet and lay the meat in it.
- Cook the meat on the first side for 2 minutes or until the steaks release easily from the pan. Turn the steaks over, and cook an additional 2 minutes or until they reach the desired degree of doneness. When ready, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Grab another skillet and melt the butter in it.
- Add the carrots and brown sugar. Cook to caramelize the carrots.
- Add the rosemary and the onion. Stir.
- Add salt, pepper, and squeeze some lemon juice over the skillet. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, then set aside.
- Add the lettuce, valerian, radishes, and cherry tomatoes to a salad bowl.
- Grate the parmesan and drizzle some olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss. Squeeze some more lemon juice and toss again.
- Add the caramelized carrots and onion. Toss.
- Split the salad on two plates.
- Slice the beef steaks and place them on top of each salad.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and almond flakes.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 744 kcal
- 56 g
- 37 g
- 25 g