Celery, Apple and Potato Mash
Celery root, or celeriac, is often used when making soups, but did you know you can make a delicious mash using it? It pairs very well with apples and potatoes. You can serve it on its own or as a side for a delicious looking beef steak!
- 8 ounces (225 grams) celery root
- 2 small apples
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup (225 grams) sour cream
- First dice the celery root, apples, and potatoes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and melt it.
- Add the bay leaves and pour the sour cream. Cook until small bubbles appear at the surface of the sour cream. Reduce the heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and stir for half a minute. Turn off the heat.
- Separately, heat a saucepan over medium heat and fill about half of it with water. Cook everything for around 20 minutes.
- Place everything in a large bowl and mash until smooth. Pour the sour cream sauce and incorporate it into the dry mixture.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 378 kcal
- 12 g
- 8 g
- 62 g