Pan-Fried Salmon with Flavored Rice
One of the classic food combos is the immortal fish + rice. But this pan-fried salmon with flavored rice transcends the classic form and takes you beyond! For that, you can thank the full of flavor agents like mint, orange, and turmeric.
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) rice
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 14 ounces (400 grams) salmon fillet (2 fillets)
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 orange
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 handful seaweed
- Radish sprouts
- Fill a large pot with about 4 cups/1000 ml of water and bring it to a boil. Add salt.
- Add the rice and boil it until it’s cooked through.
- Dice the bell pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets on your countertop with the skin side up and score their skin.
- Squeeze some lime juice on both sides of the salmon fillets. After that, sprinkle some salt on both sides, too.
- Squeeze orange juice on the fish fillets.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and place the fillets in it, skin side up.
- Throw the fresh mint into the skillet.
- Cook 6 to 7 minutes on the first side, if you’re dealing with a thin fillet. Flip the fillets and cook them for 1-2 minutes more. Set them aside.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in your wok and add the diced bell pepper. Stir and cook until it softens.
- Squeeze some more lime juice.
- Add the cooked rice, grate some orange zest on top, then toss.
- Add the brown sugar, pepper, salt, soy sauce, and turmeric.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds and the seaweed, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Serve the salmon with the rice.
- Garnish with radish sprouts and pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 676 kcal
- 30 g
- 46 g
- 54 g