Sun-Dried Tomato, Polenta and Veggie Salad
Do you want to eat less meat but don’t have many ideas about what foods to make? This sun-dried tomato, polenta, and veggie salad should do the trick. It also has tofu and sunflower seeds, and it’s full of tasty nutrients!
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) cornmeal
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 handful arugula leaves
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) tofu with cumin, cubed
- 10 radishes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cucumber, small cubes
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Pour about 1 cup (250 ml) of water in a pot, sprinkle some sea salt, and bring it to a boil.
- To make the polenta, gradually add the cornmeal in the water. Use a small balloon whisk and whisk vigorously until it thickens, to avoid the forming of lumps.
- Cover and cook the polenta on low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, whisking every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the polenta, place it on a plate and let it cool down.
- Shape small balls of polenta. Place the polenta balls on the bottom of 2 jars (12 ounces/370 grams).
- Squeeze the sun-dried tomatoes well and add them into the jars as well.
- Also split the arugula in half and add it to the jars, then the tofu cubes, radishes, cucumber, and sunflower seeds. Cover the jars.
- Make a dressing: add the olive oil in a small bowl, with some salt and red wine vinegar. Whisk.
- Pour the dressing over the salads just before serving them. Shake the jars and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 500 kcal
- 28 g
- 12 g
- 55 g