Warm Corn Salad
This warm corn salad is perfect for a quick dinner. Just braise the sweet corn in butter and a bit of sugar to enhance its sweetness. For a fresh touch, add a few veggies like bell pepper, radish, cherry tomatoes and valerian salad.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 7 ounces (200 grams) sweet corn
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4-5 radishes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 lime
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes, halves
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) valerian leaves
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 fresh fig, cut into slices
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Drizzle the vegetable oil.
- Add the sweet corn and cook it 1-2 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and stir. Cook further until the sugar melts.
- Add the red bell pepper, radishes, grate some lime zest, and squeeze some lime juice by your taste.
- Add the cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add the valerian in a salad bowl.
- Transfer the sweet corn mixture into the same bowl.
- Add the pomegranate seeds.
- Combine everything.
- Divide the salad on two plates and top it with fig slices.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 183 kcal
- 4 g
- 8 g
- 36 g